Lead generation is the process of attracting customers to be interested in your company or product and make them want to request more information from you. Lead generation is critical for the growth of any business. The buying process (sometimes referred to as the “buyer’s journey”) has changed and business owners must find new ways to reach their target audience. Below we have outlined the best ways to generate leads for your small business.
Optimize Your Website For Lead Generation
- Homepage. Your homepage is the first chance for your business to grab the attention of the website visitor. It is important to include a call-to-action like a free consultation or a free quote. Better yet is if you can have the CTA be a “pop up”.
- Contact Us Page. Including a contact us form directly on your website makes it easy to convert website visitors into leads.
- Have a great “freebie” (white paper, infographic, ebook, etc…) to offer in exchange for the visitor providing their name & email address.
Increase Website Traffic to Generate More Leads
After optimizing your website for lead generation it is now time to drive traffic into your website! Here are ways to increase website traffic:
- Create and Promote Blog Content
- Send Out Email Newsletters Once/Month
- Google Adword Campaigns
- Create Profiles on Online Directories
- Maintain a Consistent Flow of Social Media Posts
How to Generate Leads Offline?
- Direct Mail
- Print Advertisements
- Sponsor Events
- Attend Trade Shows
- Host Events
It’s important to have an effective lead generation strategy to increase customers and grow your small business. The lead generation process begins when a website visitor clicks on a call-to-action that leads them to a landing page, which informs them to fill out a form to gain more information about an interested customer. As a small business, it is crucial to have a proper strategy to gain website traffic to generate more leads. If you have any questions or concerns about lead generation, please feel free to reach out…We’re always happy to help!
Danielle Foley, Owner
Foley Marketing Advisors