We hope you enjoyed part 1 of our blog series on marketing your CBD and/or cannabis business and now are ready for part 2! With the industry attracting a lot of attention, it’s critical as a CBD and/or cannabis business you carefully and accurately promote all the benefits that your product(s) can achieve, such as relief from anxiety, pain, depression, sleep apnea, stress, etc… Below we’ve outlined more important website, blog and SEO marketing tips to help grow your CBD and/or cannabis business.
Website & Blog Tips
- If you’re posting a CBD and/or cannabis blog, add blog post tags and categories that are very specific and directly relate to the content in your blog. This will not only keep your content organized and easily searchable by visitors but will also help search engines understand the different CBD and/or cannabis topics to increase SEO.
- Make sure you have many calls to actions throughout your website and that they are clear, concise and compelling and have a prominent “button”. A call to action is a request you make to a visitor to take further action. Examples of CTA’s include links to additional CBD and/or cannabis blog posts, forms to subscribe to your email campaigns and/or newsletters, requests for them to share content via social media, and fill out their contact information page.
- Get and add testimonials throughout your website from people who have something positive to say about their experience with your CBD and/or cannabis products. Also, consistently ask people to submit reviews on Google, Yelp and social media.
- Once the CBD and/or cannabis website and/or blog has been published, it is time to promote it to get more traffic to your website. Publish a promotion of the new blog posts on social media and as many 3rd party websites that will allow it.
- Try to track your metrics for the blogs you publish, such as social media metrics, views, clicks, new website visitors, and comments, etc… Metrics will help you understand what people find interesting and valuable.
On-Site SEO Tips (i.e. website factors that impact SEO)
- The best way to measure SEO (how well your website is showing up in search results) is Google Analytics. Google analytics is a great way to track website traffic and conversations. It gives you insights into how users find and use your website and can track ROI for your online marketing.
- Avoid slow website loading times. If your website loading time is too slow people will leave, it’s that simple. Therefore, it’s pivotal that you check and adjust the image size if it’s too big.
- Write a URL that avoids the use of special characters and stop words. Stop words are common words that search engines will skip so they can save space in their particular database. If stop words are used too often this will affect your SEO and can decrease website traffic.
- Your CBD and/or cannabis website’s content should clearly answer the questions that your visitor is likely to have. Having an FAQ section about CBD and/or cannabis will allow visitors to get answers quickly without having to do more research and going to another website to find their answers.
- CBD and/or cannabis Websites that are cluttered with too much text and bad formatting/layout are hard to navigate and tough to find information that the reader needs. Always keep your website organized, visually pleasing and neat.
- Advertisements from 3rd parties are not a good look for the design of your website. They can be very distracting and throw off the flow of your website’s design and make it look less appealing to the audience.
The CBD and cannabis industry is expected to become a multi-billion dollar industry in the years to come. However, as CBD and/or cannabis companies start to grow and the competition becomes intense, you and your company need to be fully confident when it comes to your marketing strategy. By implementing these marketing tips, you can be sure that you’re on your way to growing your CBD and/or cannabis business.
If you need any help growing your CBD or cannabis business via social media, email/direct mail, website optimization, etc… Please feel free to reach out! We’re always happy to help!
Danielle Foley, Owner
Foley Marketing Advisors