It’s no secret that content marketing is one of the most practical, effective, and useful marketing strategies today. From helping improve the credibility of your brand to helping explain the significance of your product or service, marketing content is beneficial for every business. We’ve put together a list of 10 marketing content ideas that will help grow your small business, when used correctly, by increasing both SEO and sales.
1. Landing Pages – Landing pages should be optimized to turn website visitors into customers. It’s important that your landing page has one clear call to action, such as the promotion of a product or the option to join a newsletter.
2. Case Studies – Potential customers want to see how useful and reliable your service or product is, so be sure to include customer success stories to attract new clients. Always use real numbers (such as ROI or percent changes) when presenting a case study to help the readers understand how successful your business was at helping the client.
3. White Paper – White Papers are persuasive, in depth reports about a complex topic. They can be used to show your expertise in the industry as well as the problem your product aims to fix.
4. Blog Posts – Blog posts are another way for you to share your expertise in the industry that you’re in. It also helps attract website visitors and gives you the opportunity to turn these visitors into customers.
5. Online Directory Submissions – Submitting your business to on online directories is a great and easy way for you to increase the SEO of your small business. For instance, submit your restaurant to Yelp, business to LinkedIn, and software management to G2Crowd.
6. Compare Your Competitors’ Web Pages – Comparing your product or business to that of your competitor can be be a great way for you to show off your product as the superior product. When creating a comparison page make sure to include all relevant criteria to help your business stand out.
7. Industry Web Pages – If your business or product is versatile and can be used in many different industries it may be beneficial to create individual web pages for each case. This can make it easier for potential clients to visualize just how useful your product can be in their specific industry.
8. Testimonials – Adding testimonials to a website will help show potential buyers that your product/service is dependable. Consider reaching out to your most active customers for testimonials or check existing reviews on Yelp, Google, or Facebook.
9. Ebooks – Offering ebooks is a great way for you to collect email addresses and create leads. Many people will be willing to exchange their email address for your valuable ebook. This can also be a chance for you to demonstrate your extensive knowledge about your trade.
10. Email Courses –You can use the email list you have collected to remind the potential buyer of all your business has to offer. Hopefully, over time the email recipients will respond to one of your call-to-actions and transform from a potential prospect to a buying customer.
If you need help creating different types of marketing content just send us an email, we’re happy to help!
Danielle Foley, President
Foley Marketing Advisors